The way in which the system will work for you is dependent on whether we can retrieve your data directly from your EHR/PM (preferred), or if you will be providing us your information via secure email. But the overall process is the same.
- You schedule your appointments or send your billing statements exactly the same as you do today;
- Our system retrieves/receives your information on daily or weekly (depending on how we are getting your data);
- Based on your predefined rules, our system will determine which patients should be called for the day;
- At a time determined by you, our system will begin calling/texting your patients;
- After sending the reminders, we will provide you with an encrypted, password-protected report that tells you who was called, when they were called, how the call was answered (Human/Machine), and what action they took in response to the call (Action example would be “Did they press ‘1’ to contact your office.”).
- Our production server is located in a data-center that is both HIPAA and PCI compliant;
- No Personal Medical Information (PMI) is ever published or presented in any unsecured way;
- We require that a Business Associate Agreement is in place before starting any work;
- Any documents that are emailed are encrypted and password-protected;
- We continually review and modify our process to ensure continued compliance with HIPAA regulations.
We’ve made getting started very simple.
- Click on the top right menu item “User Registration”, and fill out the registration form;
- Once our system admin approves your registration, you will be able to login to our system and tell us exactly how you want the system configured for your practice. Our team is always available to help you with the configuration.
Of course if you have any questions about getting started, you can email us at info@PatientlySpeaking.com or call (855) 441-4402. We always look forward to hearing from our clients.
As part of our service, we provide free support and maintenance.
You can stop using our service at any time, for any reason.
Other than the one-time setup fee of $39.00 and the minimum monthly usage fee, we guarantee you will pay no other charges other than the charges for the calls/texts we send for you.
You want to change your message after 6 months – no charge.
You want to change when your reminders go out – no charge.
Our system supports either an .mp3 or .wav file, and you can record the message right from our website or use any device (i.e. iphone, computer, etc) that creates an audio file. And we have professional “audio splicers” on staff that will take your audio file and break it up into segments, allowing for dynamic information (i.e. appointment date/time) to be added.
And there is no extra fee for this service.
During the initial setup, our team will work with you to define the exact message to say in your reminder. And since we have been sending reminders for many years, our team has the proven experience to help you define what works best. And if after a few weeks you find out that you are not getting the results you expected, our team will work with you to make additional changes to your message.
Note: A different reminder is typically used depending on if the call is answered by a human or a machine. For example, if the call is answered by the patients voicemail, saying “Press 1 now to contact our office” would not make much sense.
Once the message is set up in the system, we will send you as many test calls/texts as required until you are 100% satisfied with the message.
Comparing our service to an auto-dialer is like comparing a tricycle to a motorcycle.
An automatic dialer is an electronic device or software that automatically dials telephone numbers. Once the call has been answered, the auto-dialer either plays a recorded message or connects the call to a live person. Of course we do all that, but making the phone call or sending a text is the smallest part of what we do.
- Can an auto-dialer communicate with your EHR/PM system to retrieve the necessary data to determine who to call? No, but we do.
- Does an auto-dialer apply complex business rules – your custom rules – to decide who to call and when? No, but that is at the core of our system.
- Can an auto-dialer decide whether to call a patient or send a text based on the patient’s phone number? We do.
- Does an auto-dialer provide you with a daily comprehensive report providing who was called, how the call was answered, and what action was taken by the patient? We do.
- Can an auto-dialer receive a reply to a reminder text from the patient and provide you with the reply? We do it all the time.
Please ask…we like helping our clients.